Indian healthcare is undergoing a transformational change. The changes are going to manifest both in terms of short and long-run implications for transitions in business models, healthcare strategy, health economics and patient centricity, lives of healthcare workers, the use of big data and machine learning-enabled technology for digital provisioning of AI-enabled healthcare, and also regulation in healthcare. All of this means that the requirement for Indian healthcare needs to get more interdisciplinary going forward. Combining expertise from IIMA faculty across various disciplinary competencies, this course aims to fill this gap engaging with various stakeholders in the ecosystem.
For more information or any questions, contact Ifat Sheikh: firstname.lastname@example.org, +91 70690 29949
The programme will draw on interdisciplinary perspectives to help participants understand the emerging trends and challenges in the healthcare industry. The course will provide management competencies and essential skills to understand various functional and critical areas of healthcare management. The course will also guide in devising and implementing the right strategies to ensure effective healthcare delivery systems.
The programme will focus broadly on the following modules:
Module 0: Why Study Healthcare Management?
Module 1: Health Economics
Introduction to demand and elasticity of demand
Cost dynamics and how markets work
Market failures in healthcare context
Incentives in an organization
Module 2: Competitive and Behavioral Dynamics in Healthcare
Competition and intellectual property (antitrust issues)
Behavioral biases in decision-making
Importance of sunk and opportunity costs in decision-making
Module 3: Healthcare Operations
Managing healthcare operations and supply chain issues
Module 4: Technology in Healthcare
Relevance of data analytics in healthcare management
Module 5: Topics in Healthcare Management
Role of branding in healthcare markets
Managing finances in hospital management
Managing people in healthcare organizations
The course will use both vertical and horizontal disciplinary groundings, standard business school case studies and simulations, along with virtual mini-case discussions and games to maximize pedagogical value.
The programme will benefit the following potential participants:
• Mid to senior-level management in healthcare and allied industries
• Public healthcare stakeholders, managers, and personnel
• Aspiring or actual healthcare entrepreneurs, Physician entrepreneurs and investors, venture capitalists
• Healthcare consultants
• Healthcare analytics and healthcare tech professionals
• Policymakers at the local, state and central level
• Not for profit healthcare ecosystem stakeholders
• Professionals in non-health industries keen for managerial insights and interested in improving the efficiency of Indian healthcare
• Professionals from healthcare ecosystems in peer emerging economies like Brazil, Thailand, Indonesia, South Africa, Russia, Vietnam, etc.